1. Artists apply via the application form, submitting their portfolio
2. Artists receive a prompt about the plant world at the start of the competition
3. You then get a full week to create a draft artwork, and tell us how you were inspired by the prompt.
From the shortlisted artists, 5 winners will be given the opportunity to work on a longer term project, getting paid as well as earning other opportunities to showcase their talent
Winners will be commissioned in a project that aims to turn inherently disposable objects (seed packets) into a permanent artwork collection, inspired by the plants sown inside.
1. Each artist will be given a seed variety, which they will plant together.
2. From Spring to Summer, you will care for your plant and watch it grow as its botanical magic unfolds.
3. You create a piece of art, drawing inspiration from the plant you are nurturing.
The designs will be printed on the cover of a limited edition collection of seed packets, produced and distributed by the premium horticultural brand Sowvital.
On top of getting paid, artists will receive exhibiting and various other opportunities, connecting them with a large audience and other creative and professional networks.
Two brands on a mission to change what it means to be creative, by giving opportunities for people to explore a safe space for artistic expression.